After reading the mind is a storyteller, the next piece of material I read was about conspiracy theories. I read more about Alex Jones and his truth rallies as well as David Icke. The Alex Jones article and David Icke's website both go right along with the title of this chapter; The mind is a storyteller. What I understand from that article is that people take a bit of information and create these stories that create more drama. We as a people love a good story and create them to tell. I really like in Gottschall's book it describes conspiracy theories and says they are "emotionally satisfying version of reality". We have talked a lot about how as a population we desire drama and story. The best kind of story are full of emotion. That is why conspiracy theorists can gain the hearts of so many people. http://www.infowars.com/media-kills-911-truth-rally-by-lying-about-it/
http://www.davidicke.com/headlines/2013/09/29/
I thought about how this information could be useful with my emphasis. It was easy to relate it to communication because with proper communication between the media and the people all of this conspiracy theory stuff would dissolve. It was a little more difficult to relate it to business management. But, after some thought I came to the realization that when managing a business proper communication is a neccessity or you could have people thinking about things in their own way. This causes conspiracy theories and a lack of loyalty to the company as well as open rebellion.
No comments:
Post a Comment