As far as my research goes, my efforts continue in the direction of new ideas to solving problems in the business world. But, professor mentioned to me that I need a better more specific question related to narratives. So, I am trying to better define my research in that direction.
Sunday, November 10, 2013
Blog 12
Gottschall writes that "the future will see an intensification, even a perfection, of what draws us to fiction in the first place." This statement to me means that the popularity of fiction and novels will continue to increase in the future. Novels like anything else that continues, will adapt and find ways to improve. Gottschall mentions this as well on page 180. With the future and the technology that continues to come, fiction will become even more accessible than it is today. I think as the world continues to decrease in morals and values people will search for a better surrounding and lifestyle through fiction, in all of its many facets. I personally am not huge into novels and reading, but I knonw many people who love to read and im sure that is the same throughout the world. I don't think storytelling is going anywhere, people need fiction and storytelling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree, I think technology will evolve even more so, that we will be able to read while walking somewhere, maybe by being able to listen to the book being read to us, or transportation will allow cars to be driven by themselves (like in I-Robot).
ReplyDeleteIt's not like I've been around for a really long time, only ~26 years, but from what I gather, as you said, the world seems to be declining in morals, or rather what society deems to be acceptable. I wonder though, that as morals decline, or social acceptability of what was once labeled as immoral increases, if fiction will follow suit? As Gottschall reviewed in his book about the "feelies", and what he didn't mention in this chapter but a previous chapter, about Grand Theft Auto, as examples of what I would classify as immoral, will fiction truly be an escape from a morally declining society? Or will there be a more broad gradient of morality among fiction?
ReplyDelete